SSH was founded in Kuwait in 1961. Since then, we have expanded to become one of the MENA region’s leading architecture and engineering firms. SSH employs over 800 people with offices in Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, UAE, Iraq, Bahrain, Algeria and South Africa. We are ranked within the top 100 global consultancies by World Architecture Magazine and in the top 5 in the MENA region for 2014. We place a strong emphasis on design integrity and combine this with our unparalleled working knowledge of the region.
These qualities have made SSH a trusted strategic partner of the world’s leading design firms. SSH has always recruited high calibre people who bring expertise and innovation to every project. We also maintained a strong ethical approach to business. With 50 years’ experience, we have a strong track record and we remain firmly committed to raising the profile and quality of projects throughout our region.
VISION & MISSION
To be the architectural and engineering consultant, strategic partner and employer of choice in the MENA Region.
In order to realise our vision we will:
- Provide regional leadership in delivering high standards of quality and value to our customers
- Collaborate with the world's leading designers, as projects require, delivering exceptional design and engineering services
- Continue to raise our international and regional profile through innovation and the proficient delivery of landmark projects
- Promote a performance-based culture throughout our whole business structure.
- Employ and empower the best people in a creative environment to ensure we meet our customers' design and development challenges
- Support our people within an extended family work environment and we will promote a healthy work/life balance
- Ensure that openness and integrity are always at the core of everything we do as we strengthen relationships built on trust
- Build long term shareholder value through the realisation of our vision
SSH Will operate within strict legal and ethical guidelines in all of our activities. We will provide a challenging and rewarding environment for all employees and maintain a sharp focus on professional excellence, Health and Safety and environmental awareness.
We will strive to maintain and extend our creative, design, technical, process and commercial advantage over our competitors. Our collaborative approach will be reflected throughout our organisation and ensure that our customers and partners regard us as the ‘Go to Guys’ for design and project delivery throughout the region.
Who We Work With
Collaboration is at the heart of every SSH project. We nurture and maintain strong partnerships with clients, government ministries and our established network of subcontractors. We also have unrivalled experience of forging strategic international partnerships with elite design and architectural practices. Our role is to apply SSH’s design expertise to protect the project’s design integrity and to seamlessly apply our extensive local knowledge into the project delivery.
- Freeman Fox
- Haley Design Services
- Hugh Stubbins
- Mouchel Middle East Ltd.
- John Kelsey
- J.S. Bonnington and Partners
- Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates
- Shankland Cox Partnership - United Kingdom
- Michael Prodanou and Associates
- Perkins and Will
- RTKL Associates
- SSC Consultants
- WZMH Architects
- Dar Al-Handasah
- Arthur Erickson Architectural Corporation
- Arup and Partners
- Ateliers Jean Nouvel
- Bernard Khoury Architects / DW5
- Brian Colquhoun and Partners
- Buro Happold
- Dino Georgiou and Associates
- DOMUS DEC International Hospital Group
- DORSCH Consult
- Foster + Partners